Good news from Mountain View, we have new features for the new version of Google Search Console , although we already know that it is still in beta. It seems to me to lie what they are renewing this tool and the amount of information that they seem willing to contribute to the webmasters. Every day more intuitive, making it easier to do real SEO” optimizing our pages for search engines with valuable information. and best of all … free>
We have recently taken out of the oven some new functionalities , which join those already had this BETA version. Like the Reports” of coverage the index> or the Reports of performance that I explain to you in this” article> that I wrote like guest in the blog of Dean Romero .
Basically Google has migrated some of the most used options by users from the old version to the new one. But it has also improved them and provided a more practical and intuitive interface. These are the most recent, which I’m sure you’ll like …
The links report is the fusion of the old reports of “Links to your website” and “Internal links” , which you can find in the “Search traffic” section of the old Google Webmasters Tools. With the following improvements:
- Totals labels that specify the total number of links
- Complete URLs , so you can directly access the links
- Help windows explaining what each of the tables consists of
- Practical interface as a panel where you can visualize and analyze all the links of your website
- Simplicity , the tables have clearer and more concise names.
- Convenient navigation through the rows of tables, to deepen the information.
With this new intuitive report, you can monitor the sites that link you (to avoid possible negative” seo attacks by links> ) and check which of your new links have already been tracked by Google .
This information in combination with tools such as Ahrefs“>SEMRush” or>Openlinkprofiler” to the backlinks of competition> , will allow you to get the most out of your link” building> strategy.
Mobile Usability Report
Mobile usability must be a priority on your website for many years, but especially from the so –” called indexing> . If Google is going to analyze your site simulating a mobile browser , you better make this site quality and have no problems with viewing from this type of device.
This option, which already had its old version in the Search Console for a lifetime, has been moved to the new version with some improvements . It offers you a complete report with the following information:
- A table of incidents , where you can see a detailed explanation of each type of error found. Similar to what you find in the index coverage reports .
In addition to the details of the type of error , you can see the pages that generate it and test those pages in the Mobile” friendly test> , with just one click.
- My favorite, a trend graph that not only shows you the increase in errors over time. It also tells you which pages you take as valid for mobile and best of all: how the impressions increase or decrease (times your domain appears in the searches) in relation to the increase or decrease of valid pages or pages with errors.
The perfect complement to the rest of the functions, both for these new ones and for those that we had previously seen, is the new URL Inspection . An option that was not in the old version and that allows you to understand why Google is not wanting or is wanting less certain URLs of your website. The answer to super useful questions, such as the following:
- Is the URL in the Google index ?
- Is it in your Sitemap ?
- When was it last examined by the search engine?
- Where did you get this URL?
- Is indexation currently allowed ?
- Are there improvements that can be made?
In the ” More Information ” buttons, you will find a link to the specific” help section> , which explains the specific status that appears for that URL.
A whole status report to detect and correct problems . So that you have no excuses when it comes to having a quality website and optimized for the king of searches, Google.
Configuration: Status of the property and authorized users
And finally, they have already included a Configuration block , where you can directly add new sites from this version .
As well as verify the users with access permissions to this account and add new users.
There are still missing functions to this new version. For example, the option to add” a url to google> using the Explore as Google tool, which does have the old version. But every day we are closer to being able to use a new and more complete version of Google Search Console . With which we can manage OnPage optimization for search engines on your website, completely free of charge. Looking forward to that day I say goodbye. See you in the comments 😉